Local Fishing & Local Markets
If food security can also be job security for fishermen, you could call it a win-win situation. Sustainability labeling is catching on in the U.S. after making a difference for years in European seafood sales. And now even in Alaska, some large customers are making deals with fishermen who promise to fish sustainably.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Kelly Harrell, Alaska Marine Conservation Council
- Darius Kasprzak, Kodiak fisherman
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.