On the next Line One, Dr. Woodard and guest surgeon Dr. Karen Barbosa will delve into surgical treatment of both benign and malignant disorders of the breast, including reconstruction.
HOST: Thad Woodard, MD
- Dr. Karen Barbosa, breast surgeon, Alaska Institute of Surgical and Medical Specialties. She specializes in disorders of the breast including oncoplasty. Oncoplasty is cancer surgery that removes cancer with attention to maintaining natural looking breasts.
- National Institutes of Health MedlinePlus site on breast diseases
- Information on benign breast conditions from the Susan G Komen Foundation
- Insider Medicine: six-minute video advising what to do with a newly discovered breast lump
- American Cancer Society site on breast cancer
- Breast cancer risk factors from the CDC
- Report of the Interagency Breast Cancer and Environmental Research Coordinating Committee (IBCERCC), 2013
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, October 20, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, October 20, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by:
Audio to be posted following broadcast.