A national effort to bring fresh food from farms to schools has resulted in $385 million in purchases for school lunches and other meals across the country. More than half the school districts in Alaska are participating in the Farm to School program, feeding more than a hundred thousand kids in the state.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Deborah Kane, Director, Farm to School Program, U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service
- Johanna Herron, Farm to School coordinator, Alaska Division of Agriculture
- Callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.