Michael Flood and Liz Morgan from Katori Hall’s 2010 Olivia Award winning drama about a chance meeting between Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and a mysterious hotel maid on the night before King’s assassination come by Stage Talk this week. Tune in to hear about Perseverance Theatre’s production of The Mountaintop which runs in the Sydney Laurence Theatre in the Performing Arts Center through February 22nd.
- Liz Morgan, “Camae” in Perseverance Theatre’s The Mountaintop
- Michael Flood, “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.” in Perseverance Theatre’s The Mountaintop
- Josh Lowman, Projection Designer, Perseverance Theatre’s The Mountaintop
ORIGINAL BROADCAST: Friday February 13th at 2:45 p.m.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Stage Talk updates automatically — via:
Audio will be posted following radio broadcast.
Stage Talk Calendar (For more information about each performance or to purchase tickets, click on the company’s name.)
- It’s the closing weekend for Synesthesia Artist Collective‘s Flowers for Algernon by David Rogers based on the novel by Daniel Keyes. Curtain is at 7pm on Friday-Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. Performances are at the E. R. Brown Auditorium in Grant Hall on the campus of Alaska Pacific University.
- It’s opening weekend for Cyrano’s Theatre Company’s Emotional Creature by Eve Ensler (The Vagina Monologues). Emotional Creature runs Thursdays through Sundays until March 8th. Curtain is 7pm Thursday-Saturday and 3pm on Sundays.
- UAA Department of Theatre and Dance presents Tom Stoppard’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead opening Feb 20th and running Friday-Sundays through March 8th. Curtain is 8pm Friday and Saturday and 3pm on Sunday.
- Anchorage Opera is presenting two one-act operas in the E. R. Brown Auditorium in Grant Hall on the campus of Alaska Pacific University. Mozart’s The Impresario and Rimsky-Korsakov’s Mozart and Salieri run Feb 20th through March 1st.
- Alaska Dance Theatre is presenting Spirit The Seventh Fire of Alaska in the PAC Feb 20th-22nd.
- Pulse Dance Company is presenting Cinderella this weekend, Feb 13 and 14 in the Wendy Williamson Auditorium on the campus of UAA>