The Iditarod Trail began as a mail route and became a protected corridor and recreational resource. Even if climate change puts an end to its use by dog mushers, the evolution of the Iditarod Trail will continue. In their own way, our corridors tell the story of Alaska, and we’ll be exploring a few of those pathways on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Walter Borneman, author, Alaska: Saga of a Bold Land
- Phil Shephard, Executive Director, Greatland Trust
- Morgan Blanchard, senior project archaeologist, Northern Land Use Research Alaska
- Callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.