It’s winter and the thoughts of all Alaskans go to visiting the tropics, and Valley Performing Arts is bringing to the stage Rogers and Hammerstein’s classic musical South Pacific. But not all is as simple as “washing that man right outta my hair”. Listen in to Stage Talk this week to hear Tanya Hegg (Nellie Forbush) and Ed Gilmore (The Professor) engage in a stimulating discussion of some of the deeper aspects of the play. South Pacific runs March 20th-April 19th in Wasilla.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST: Friday February 27th at 2:45 p.m.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Stage Talk updates automatically — via:
Audio will be posted following radio broadcast.
Stage Talk Calendar (For more information about each performance or to purchase tickets, click on the company’s name.)
- Cyrano’s Theatre Company’s Emotional Creature by Eve Ensler (The Vagina Monologues) runs Thursdays through Sundays until March 8th. Curtain is 7pm Thursday-Saturday and 3pm on Sundays.
- UAA Department of Theatre and Dance presents Tom Stoppard’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead opening Feb 20th and running Friday-Sundays through March 8th. Curtain is 8pm Friday and Saturday and 3pm on Sunday.
- Anchorage Opera is presenting two one-act operas in the E. R. Brown Auditorium in Grant Hall on the campus of Alaska Pacific University. Mozart’s The Impresario and Rimsky-Korsakov’s Mozart and Salieri run Feb 20th through March 1st.
- Valley Performing Arts is presenting Unnecessay Farce by DJ Rotach February 13th- March 1st. They are also holding auditions for The Diary of Anne Frank March 7th 1-4 and March 8th 5-7pm.
- The Little Shop of Horrors will be performing at Mad Myrnas February 27th-March 21st.