Spring is a time of new growth and renewal but it is also too often a time that an increase in suicide occurs. Why does Alaska continue to lead the nation in rates of self harm? What’s being done to help Alaskans choose to live rather than end their lives?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Cynthia Erickson, founder ‘My Grandmother’s House,’ and a member of the Statewide Suicide Prevention Council
- Eric Boyer, UAA’s Center for Human Development
- Callers statewide
- Careline: Alaska Suicide Prevention hotline – 1-877-266-4357 (HELP)
- Alaska Suicide Prevention resources
- “Build Powerful Nerve: Cure for the Full, Dragged-Out Hopeless, Helpless Life” – book suggested by one Talk of Alaska caller for others in need
- NAMI: National Alliance of Mental Illness
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.