With oil prices stuck in the gutter, Alaska is staring down the possibility of economic recession. Combine that with declining federal dollars and jobs, military reductions and a weakened fishing industry and it all adds up to a perfect storm. It’s an uncomfortable question: what will our economy look like without a booming oil sector?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Gregg Erickson, economist, Erickson & Associates
- Larry Persily, former Alaska LNG director
- Callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.