Salmon runs in Alaska have been defying expectations this season, in both good and bad ways. Why has it been so difficult to meet escapement for some runs while seeing bounty in others? From closures on the Kuskokwim to a puny run on the Yukon, salmon fishing in Alaska is changing and the reasons why remain elusive.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Eric Volk, chief fisheries scientist, Alaska Department of Fish & Game
- Stephanie Schmidt, fisheries management biologist – Yukon, Alaska Department of Fish & Game
- Scott Kent, fisheries biologist, Kotzebue & Norton Sound
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.