President Obama will be in Alaska soon, and he says climate change is the reason for the visit. Sea ice is disappearing. Permafrost is melting. And the state is grappling with increasing coastal erosion and wildfires. Climate change is here. Scientists who have studied warming in Alaska for decades join us on the next Talk of Alaska Statewide.
HOST: Annie Feidt
- Vladimir Romanovsky, professor at UAF’s Geophysical Institute
- John Walsh, Chief Research Scientist at the International Arctic Research Center at UAF
- Tom Ravens, professor of civil engineering at UAA
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.