Alaska’s prison population has grown by 27 percent in the last decade. Without reforms to our justice programs, the state’s prison population could exceed capacity within 2 years. What are the best ideas for keeping people off the path to incarceration and reduce recidivism while maintaining public safety?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Senator John Coghill
- Jeff Jessee, Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority
- Zoe Towns, state director, Pew Charitable Trusts
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.