Alaska has some of the highest health care costs in the world. In the state’s Medicaid program- one solution is reducing unnecessary trips to the Emergency Room. We’ll discuss a collaborative plan to help patients get the care they need in a less expensive setting than an emergency room.
HOST: Annie Feidt
- Becky Hultberg, President and CEO of Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association.
- Julie Taylor, CEO, Regional Hospital
- Dr. Anne Zink, ER physician, Mat-Su Regional
- Valerie Davidson, Health and Social Services commissioner
- Statewide callers
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.