What happens when a ship runs aground or sinks in Alaska and the owner abandons it? The state is potentially on the hook for what can be a huge expense. Derelict vessels are a big problem in Alaska. State, federal and environmental organizations work together to try to get these hazards out of our waterways but it’s difficult and dangerous.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Jusdi McDonald, Department of Natural Resources
- Steve Russell, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, spill prevention/response
- Pete Williams, Bethel Harbor Master
- Rachel Lord, Clean Water Program Director at Cook Inletkeeper
- Statewide callers
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.