ADD/ADHD and autism are relatively common brain based disorders presenting in childhood. Both are quite variable in their symptoms and severity, and there are no well validated “tests” to assure diagnosis. Treatment can be variable as well and there is no universally accepted standard treatment. On the next program we will discuss these disorders and a form of treatment called neurofeedback.
- Al Collins, PhD – a clinical and cultural psychologist with interests in applied neuroscience and psychophysiology. He specializes in ADHD and associated conditions in children, adolescent, and adults. In addition to psychological evaluations he uses quantitative EEG in assessing ADHD, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, anxiety and depression, etc. Al has published widely on cultural psychology, and has presented at national conferences on biofeedback. He has taught at several universities and twice served on the board of directors of the international society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
- Shannon Isley, PsyD – holds her doctorate in School Psychology with a specialization in therapy. She completed her graduate work in York, Pennsylvania at an autism clinic. Shannon has extensive knowledge and experience in assessing for and treating autism and related disorders. She is trained in the administration of the ADOS-2.
- Kathleen Osborne, PhD, LPC – Dr. Osborne holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and has worked as a therapist in Alaska for 14 years, and since 2007 with Dr.Collins. Kathleen has experience with a wide range of mental health issues, but specializes in working with adults and teens with ADHD. She also performs psychological assessments. Kathleen’s dissertation on “The Effects of Working Memory Training on adult ADHD Symptoms” used the Cogmed Working Memory training program, one of our clinic’s tools for ADHD.
- Web site of the Alaska Neuro/Therapy Center
- Information on attention deficit disorder from the National Institute of Mental Health
- Information on neurofeedback
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, October 10, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, October 10, 2016, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: