Job Title: Graphic Design/Marketing Intern
Reports to: Chief Officer of Marketing and Development
Alaska Public Media is offering a graphic design/marketing internship in its development division to students and recent college graduates (graduation date between January 2011 and June 2015).
Availability: Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring Semesters
Hours: 10 – 15 hrs/week
Summary: Assist with tasks related to design and production of print and web-ready materials, and development of marketing strategies.
- Assist in production of: posters, brochures, program guides, booklets, flyers, postcards, invitations, signs, direct mail pieces, holiday cards, sales kit items, certificates, ads, etc.
- Maintain company communications graphic files, art, and design supplies, equipment, etc.
- Assist in the design and execution of production materials for pledge, auction, other program sets and special events.
- Optimize graphics ads for web, create animated gifs, and assist in template creation.
- Assist with developing marketing campaignsfor membership recruitment, programs, and events.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Chief Officer of Marketing andDevelopment.
- Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Adobe and Publisher proficiency required)
- Previous marketing skills strongly preferred
- Familiar with internships
- Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design majors preferred
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 Alaska Public Media, Internship Announcement: Graphic Design/Marketing Inter
- Internships are intended as a learning experience and a supplement to formal education
- College students should inquire at their schools’ career services or internship departments about receiving credit for participating in our internship program
- All internships are stipend positions; an intern should understand in advance that he/she will not be provided housing or location assistance for out-of-state applicants
- An intern is not an employee, and therefore is not covered by Alaska Public Media’s employee benefit plans.
- Alaska Public Media reserves the right to terminate any internship at any time for any cause
How to apply:
- Resume, and Letters of Reference. In addition to your resume, you should also include three letters of reference. Letters of reference should come from people who you have worked with in some capacity. Teachers, academic advisors, former supervisors, and members of organizations you’ve volunteered for make great references.
- Cover letter. We are looking for candidates with a creative background and record of community service. We want to know what motivates you and what excites you about public media.
Submission: Once you’ve assembled all required materials, you can submit them electronically or as hard copies.
- Electronically – Send your resume, cover letter and letters of reference to email@example.com
- Paper – Send your resume, cover letter and letters of reference to HR, Alaska Public Media, 3877 University Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508. Deadline: May 31, 2013
Alaska Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- EEO Disclaimer: 2011-2012 (PDF)
- EEO Appendix: 2012 (PDF)
- EEO Disclaimer: 2010 – 2011 (PDF)
- EEO Appendix A: 2011 (PDF)
- EEO Appendix B: 2011 (PDF)
NOTE: The member and affiliate stations of APRN are owned and operated independently of APRN or APTI — these reports do not include those stations.