Dr. Barry Weiss from the University of Arizona College of Medicine joins host Dr. Woodard for a discussion about health literacy. Health literacy includes the ability to understand instructions on prescription drug bottles, appointment slips, medical education brochures, doctor’s directions and consent forms, and the ability to negotiate complex health care systems.
- MedlinePlus: Health Literacy
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Health Literacy
- Health Literacy Home Page
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, March 3, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, March 3, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE LINE ONE RELATED LINKS: