The U.S. spends twice as much as other industrialized nations on health care, yet our system performs poorly in comparison. How would you be treated in a Canadian emergency room versus one in the US.? While you might pay less, how would the treatment and “wait time” differ? President of the Canadian Medical Association, Dr. Brian Day joins Dr. Woodard from Toronto to give us a better understanding of the Canadian health care system.
- Physicians for a National Health Program
- American College of Physicians: State of the Nation’s Health care 2008
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, May 12, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE LINE ONE RELATED LINKS: