Today on Line One, Simon Singh, PhD joins Dr. Woodard on the phone from England. Author of Trick or Treatment: Alternative Medicine on Trial, Singh discusses his evaluation of alternative health disciplines. Co-authored with Edzard Ernst, the world’s first professor of complementary medicine, Trick or Treatment explores the principles of evidence-based medicine and offers a reasoned examination of the research on acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic, herbal medicine and other alternative treatments.
- Simon Singh.net
- Quackwatch: Book Review – Trick or Treatment
- NCAM (National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine)
- MedLinePlus: Complimentary and Alternative Medicine
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Simon Singh, PhD, author, Trick or Treatment: Alternative Medicine on Trial
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, October 6, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, October 6, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: