As we near the winter solstice, many Alaskans are struggling to stay warm. We notice those little breezes leaking cold air into our snug homes. What can we do to get rid of drafts and lower our utility bills? Join Nellie Moore and her guests, President of the Alaska Craftsman Home Program (ACHP), Chuck Renfro and Housing Rehabilitation Coordinator for the Department of Neighborhoods, Michael Packard, as they share information on weatherizing in Alaska.
- Municipality of Anchorage, Dept. of Neighborhoods: Weatherization Program
- Alaska Craftsman Home Program: Inside an ACHP home
- Alaska Community Development Corporation: Weatherization Program
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation: Weatherization Programs
- US Dept. Energy: Weatherization Assistance
- Cold Climate Housing Research Center
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Nellie Moore, independent journalist
- Chuck Renfro, President of the Alaska Craftsman Home Program
- Michael Packard, Housing Rehabilitation Coordinator for the Department of Neighborhoods, Municipality of Anchorage
LIVE BROADCAST: Wed, December 3, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wed, November 19, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to communityforum [at] kska [dot] org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Community Forum updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast