Genetic counseling provides information and support to people who have, or may be at risk for, genetic disorders. This afternoon on Line One two Anchorage genetic counselors, Maggie Miller and Audrey Burke join host Dr. Woodard to discuss the Top 10 Reasons you might need a genetic counselor.
- MedlinePlus: Genetic Counseling
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- NPR: Family Struggles With Ambiguity Of Genetic Testing
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, January 12, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, January 12, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: