This week’s guest on Line One, Dr. Melinda Rathkopf, (right) takes a look food allergy. Some of the topics she and Dr. Thad Woodard will be discussing include: the immune system and its purpose, allergy and the purpose of the allergic response, the difference between a food allergy and intolerance, testing for food allergy, and the common symptoms/disorders associated with food allergy. Participate in the conversation Monday afternoon at 2:00 pm on KSKA.
- The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network
- American Academy of Alergy Asthma and Immunology
- Helpful Resources on Food Allergy
- Medline Plus: Food Allergy
- Kids With Food Allergies
Download Audio (MP3)
- Melinda Rathkopf, MD. Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Center of Alaska
Dr. Rathkopf (MD, FACAAI, FAAAAI, FAAP) is board-certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics. Prior to joining the center, she was an active duty officer in the United States Air Force and spent nine years as an Air Force physician. Dr Rathkopf earned her medical degree at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA, before joining the military. She has been practicing in Anchorage since July of 2006. Dr. Rathkopf serves on many committees for the American Academy of Asthma and Allergy. She has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed medical journals, and is a nationally recognized speaker.
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: