September 9 is the tenth annual FASD Awareness Day. Events are usually held at 9:09, the 9th minute of the 9th hour of the 9th day of the 9th month of the year. This date and time is used to remind women not to drink during the 9 months of pregnancy. On Line One, in honor of FASD Awareness Day, Marilyn Pierce-Bulger from Healthy Native Babies and Cheri Scott from Stone Soup Group join host Dr. Woodard to discuss FASD and problems related to fetal alcohol exposure.
- Stone Soup Group
- FASD Center for Excellence
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, birth defects at NOFAS
- Alaska Youth and Family Network
- State of Alaska: 2003 FAS Knowledge, Attitudes, Beliefs and Behaviors Survey (KABB)
Download Audio (MP3)
- Cheri Scott, FASD Family Support Project, Stone Soup Group
- Marilyn Pierce-Bulger, Alaska Coordinator, Health Native Babies
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, August 31, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, August 31, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health
HEALTH CARE REFORM LINKS: