School is back in session and students are returning to campuses around the state.
We will look at Native students and their leaving home to attend college.
How are they adjusting?
What assistance do they need?
What assistance do they get?
What is it like to leave home – sometimes for the first time – and start college?
Download Audio (mp3)
HOST: Patrick Yack APRN
- Jo Ann Ducharme. Coordinator. Recruitment & Retention of AK Natives into Nursing & Nursing Diversity Workforce Program. UAA.
- Willy Templeton. Director. Native Student Services. UAA.
- Live callers statewide
- UAA: Increasing Student Success. 2005 Alaska Native Students. (PDF)
- UAA: Performance Report. 2008. (PDF)
- UAA: Student Body. 2008. (PDF)
- Institute of Social & Economic Research: Alaska Native Graduates. (PDF)
- Native and Rural Student Center. UAS.
- UAF: Alaska Native Studies Department.
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide