Ken Burns’ latest documentary is debuting SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27.
This time the popular filmmaker takes a look at our national parks. And while millions of Americans tour our parks every year – not everyone in Alaska thinks creating them was such a great idea.
What are our feelings about national parks? What is their status? What’s next for the National Parks Service?
Our national parks – the subject, on the next “Talk of Alaska,” statewide.
Download Audio (MP3)
- The National Parks: America’s Best Idea begins SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27. Check your local PBS station for start times.
- Share your park adventures. Click here.
Photo by: Craig Mellish
Katmai National Park and Preserve
HOST: Patrick Yack, APRN – Anchorage
- John Quinley. Regional Director. National Park Service. AK Region.
- John Allen. Shuttle Driver. Denali National Park.
- Live callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcastLIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide
HELPFUL, RELATED LINKS:
- Alagnak Wild River
- Aniakchak National Monument and Preserve
- Aleutian World War II National Historic Area
- Bering Land Bridge National Preserve
- Cape Krusenstern National Monument
- Denali National Park and Preserve
- Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
- Inupiat Heritage Center
- Katmai National Park and Preserve
- Kenai Fjords National Park
- Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park
- Kobuk Valley National Park
- Lake Clark National Park
- Noatak National Preserve
- Sitka National Historical Park
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve
- Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve