According to the CDC, breast cancer is the number one cause of cancer death in Hispanic women, and the second most common cause of cancer death in African-American, Alaska Native, Caucasian and Asian/Pacific Islander women. Find out more about the detection and treatment of breast cancer in women on the next Line One: Your Health Connection this afternoon at 2:00 pm.
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Denise Farleigh, Director of Mammography and Medical Director of Providence Imaging Center
- Dr. Tina Tomsen, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Anchorage Women’s Clinic
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, September 21, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, September 21, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
PAST LINE ONE PROGRAMS ON BREAST CANCER:
- Line One: Envision the Rhythms of Life (11 May 2009)
- Line One: Breast Cancer Awareness (13 Oct 2008)
- Line One: Breast Imaging Advancements (14 July 2008)
- Line One: Breast Cancer & The Quiet War (1 Oct 2007)
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: