Each year about 35,000 deaths in the U.S. are attributed to influenza, about the same number of fatalities caused by automobile accidents. Influenza deaths are potentially preventable by vaccination, yet despite ample evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine many Americans go without immunizations each year. Tune into Line One: Your Health Connection and learn about the risks and benefits of the influenza vaccine this afternoon at 2:00 pm.
- CDC: Seasonal Flu
- CDC: 2009 H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
- Flu: Debunking Myths
- FDA: Fraudulent 2009 H1N1 Influenza Products List
- William Schaffner, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Preventive Medicine; Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Ward Hurlburt, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services and, Director of the Division of Public Health
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, October 12, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, October 12, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health
Download Audio (MP3)