Born in Germany, Florian Maurer has practiced architecture in White Horse, Yukon Territory, Lana, Italy and Naramata, BC. In the Yukon Maurer designed many buildings in isolated communities and a harsh climate. His designs adapted to the conditions of Canada’s North and provided an alternative to generic imports from the South. Hosted by the Alaska Design Forum at the Anchorage Museum, Florian Maurer spoke on “Latitude Attitude” as part of the Latitude Lecture series on March 8th.
- Allen + Maurer Architects Ltd. (includes mostly photos from Florian Maurer’s slideshow presentation at Anchorage Museum)
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Thursday March 8, 2010
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday March 11, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.
SPEAKER: Florian Maurer, architect, Allen + Maurer Architects Ltd.
HOST: Alaska Design Forum
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska Design Forum
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- Cook Inlet Historical Society
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
- World Trade Center of Alaska
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.