Lance Mackey and Jeff King continue their two-musher battle to reach Nome first. Both had reached Shaktoolik Sunday afternoon, according to the GPS tracking devices on their sleds. Mackey had 12 dogs. King was believed to have 13.
Other mushers of interest (and the number of dogs):
- Hugh Neff: Out of Unalakleet. (13)
- Hans Gatt: Out of Unalakleet. (12)
- Ken Anderson: Out of Unalakleet. (12)
- John Baker: Out of Unalakleet. (10)
- Aliy Zirkle: In to Unalakleet. (12)
- Martin Buser: Out of Kaltag. (14)
- Paul Gephardt: Out of Kaltag. (12)
- DeeDee Jonrowe: Out of Kaltag. (8)
- Newton Marshall: In to Galena. (12)
Judy Currier scratched in Galena.
Follow the Iditarod on APRN, at APRN.org or on Twitter @APRN or Iditarod.