Lance Mackey raced in and out of Elim this afternoon taking only a 15-minute break. Mackey has led the race for several checkpoints. He is down to 11 dogs.
Hans Gatt passed Jeff King in Elim after taking only a 16-minute break. He left with 12 dogs. King left just before 5 p.m. with 12 dogs. King rested just over an hour and a half in Elim.
The next official checkpoint for the leaders is White Mountain.
Other mushers of interest (and the number of dogs):
- Ken Anderson: Out of Koyuk. (12)
- Hugh Neff: Out of Koyuk. (10)
- John Baker: Out of Koyuk. (10)
- Mitch Seavey: Out of Koyuk. (10)
- Ramey Smyth: Out of Koyuk. (12)
- Sebastian Schnuelle: In to Koyuk. (13)
- Dallas Seavey: In to Koyuk. (10)
- Aliy Zirkle: In to Koyuk. (11)
- Martin Buser: Out of Shaktoolik. (14)
- Ray Redington, Jr.: Out of Shaktoolik.
- Rick Swenson: Out of Shaktoolik. (12)
- Paul Gebhardt: Out of Shaktoolik. (12)
Follow the Iditarod on APRN, at APRN.org and on Twitter @APRN or @Iditarod.