There was an epidemic of the sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea in Alaska last year. The spike in numbers was the largest one year increase since the 1970s, according to the State Division of Epidemiology. This week on Line One, State Epidemiologist, Joe McLaughlin and manager of Alaska’s HIV and STD Programs, Susan Jones join host Dr. Thad Woodard to discuss STD prevention, treatment and answer your questions.
- MedlinePlus: Gonorrhea
- State of Alaska: Alaska HIV and STD Programs
- State of Alaska Bulletin: Statewide Increase in Gonococcal Infection – Alaska, 2009 (PDF)
- APRN: Alaska Sees Spike in STDs (10 March 2010)
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Joe McLaughlin, MD, MPH, State Epidemiologist, State of Alaska Division of Public Health
- Susan Jones, manager, State of Alaska Section of Epidemiology HIV/STD program
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday April 12, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, April 12, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: