Each week, KAKM gathers commentators for a review of the week’s news, politics and public affairs in Anchorage and Alaska. This week’s program highlights the closing days of the most recent session of the Legislature. Topics include:
- Bills affecting oil and gas taxation.
- The capital budget.
- Anchorage’s cut of the capital budget.
- Spending proposals.
The panelists also discuss:
- the makeup of the new Anchorage Assembly.
- Governor Parnell’s plan to challenge the Constitutionality of federal health care legislation.
- the future of an in-state gas line.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Michael Carey. Freelance editorial writer. Anchorage Daily News.
Tim Bradner (Alaska Journal of Commerce) and Matthew Felling (KTVA Channel 11).
- Gregg Erickson. Reporter. Alaska Budget Report.
- Paul Jenkins. Editor. The Anchorage Daily Planet.
- Steve MacDonald. News Director. KTUU-TV.
KSKA (FM) BROADCAST: Friday, April 23 at 2:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 24 at 6:00 p.m.
KAKM (TV) BROADCAST: Friday, April 23 at 10:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 24 at 5:00 p.m.
Send e-mail to anchorageedition [at] kakm [dot] org