Creators of the initiative are calling it the “Anti-Corruption Act.” Meanwhile opponents of Proposition 1 have dubbed it the “Alaska Gag Law.” No matter what we call it, Alaskans will vote on Proposition 1 this August 24. On this week’s Addressing Alaskans, KSKA presents a panel discussion hosted by the Resource Development Council on May 6th with opposing sides on Proposition 1.
- Full Text of Initiative
- Clean Team Alaska
- Stop the Gag Law
- BallotPedia: Alaska Anti-Corruption Act, Ballot Measure 1 (2010)
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Thursday May 6, 2010
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday May 13, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.
- Jason Cline, Clean Team Alaska
- Ken Jacobus, attorney, Clean Team Alaska
- Kathie Wasserman, Executive Director, Alaska Municipal League
- Joelle Hall, Director of Operations, Alaska AFL-CIO
- Jeff Feldman, attorney
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska Design Forum
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Alaska Zoo
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- Anchorage Museum
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- Commonwealth North
- Cook Inlet Historical Society
- National Wildlife Federation, Alaska
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project
- Resource Development Council for Alaska
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
- World Trade Center of Alaska
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.