On this week’s Line One: Your Health Connection, Dr. Woodard hosts Dr. David Carpenter, Director of the Institute for Health and Environment at the State University of New York in Albany. Dr. Carpenter has expertise in the human health effects of environmental contaminants, including metals and organic compounds. He has also partaken in community-based research in Alaska, working with communities on St. Lawrence Island on the health effects of contamination from formerly used defense sites. Join the conversation on “Environmental Toxins and Your Health” Monday afternoon at 2:00 pm on KSKA’s Line One.
- Alaska Community Action on Toxics (ACAT)
- University at Albany: Institute for Health and the Environment
- CDC: Environmental Health
- NYU School of Medicine: Department of Environmental Medicine
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Dr. David Carpenter, Director of the Institute for Health and Environment and Professor of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University at Albany, State University of New York
- Geran Tarr, Alaska Community Action on Toxics (ACAT)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, July 26, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, July 26, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.