College and high school students look forward to the summer break to get a respite from the study grind. But these days, many young Alaskans are working during the summer months – some to earn cash to go back to school – and some are spending their summer helping others. Join host Ellen Lockyer and meet some energetic youth who are combining valuable vacation time with creative ways to serve the community on Hometown, Alaska this afternoon at 2:00 pm.
Photo by Kristin Spack: Emily Miner is a seasonal park ranger with the National Park Service in Anchorage as well as a University of Oregon student.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Ellen Lockyer, KSKA
- Emily Miner, park ranger, National Park Service seasonal employee; University of Oregon student
- Theresa Nave, crew member, Anchorage Youth Employment in the Parks
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE: Wed, August 4, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, August 4, 2010 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast