Governor Sean Parnell told reporters this afternoon that he first heard of the crash and the possibility that Senator Stevens may be on board late last night. Parnell said he acknowledged all the deaths with great sadness and in reference to Stevens, said it was hard to summarize 6 decades of public service, starting from Steven’s Army service at 19, his time in the Alaska legislature and 6 terms as Alaska’s U.S. Senator. Alaska’s Congressional delegatoin reacts to the death of former Senator Ted Stevens with shock, and sadness.
- APRN: Names of Crash Victims, Survivors Released
- APRN: GCI President Expresses Profound Sorrow
- APRN: Parnell Puts Hold on Campaigning
- APRN: Stevens Reaction Pours in From Around the Country
- APRN: Obama: Stevens Devoted Career to Alaskans, Troops
Ellen Lockyer, KSKA – Anchorage
Download Audio (MP3)