On the next Hometown, Alaska we will begin a two-part series on “God in Alaska”. This show parallels the PBS series, “God in America” which begins Monday, October 11th on KAKM Channel 7. On the October 6, at 2pm on Hometown, Alaska join host Teeka Ballas and her guests as we first look at Alaska Native faiths and beliefs and the introduction of the Russian Orthodox Church. That’s Hometown, Alaska on KSKA, Anchorage.
- Father Michael Oleksa
- Alaska Humanities Forum: Alaska History and Cultural Studies
- The Witherspoon Institute: Public Discourse
- KAKM: God in America
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Teeka Ballas, independent journalist
- Paul Ongtooguk, UAA School of Education Faculty member; founder and co-director, Alaskool
- Father Michael Oleksa, priest with the Russian Orthodox Church, he has been recognized as an “Elder” by the Alaska Federation of Natives, a Distinguished Public Servant by the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska, and honored by the Alaska State Legislature and the National Governors
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast