Today more than 1,400 babies in the United States (1 in 8 ) will be born prematurely. Some babies are so small they could fit in the palm of your hand. This week on Line One: Your Health Connection, neonatologist, Dr. Lily Lou and Frank Blakeney from the March of Dimes Alaska join host Dr. Thad Woodard to discuss premature birth and its consequences. Listeners are invited to participate in the conversation this afternoon at 2:00 pm.
- March of Dimes: Pregnancy, Baby, Prematurity, Birth Defects
- CDC: Premature Birth
- March of Dimes: Perinatal statistics Alaska
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Frank Blakeney, Director of Program Services March of Dimes Alaska
- Lily Lou, MD, neonatologist and March of Dimes Alaska Board Member
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, December 20, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, December 20, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
Audio will be posted following radio broadcast from 2:00 – 3:00 pm