Dr. Douglas Fields is an internationally recognized authority on neuron-glia interactions, brain development, and the cellular mechanisms of memory. He joins Dr. Woodard on Line One this week to talk about his book, The Other Brain, which tells the story of glia. Making up 85% of the brain, glia (meaning “glue”) has long been neglected as little more than cerebral packaging, until now.
- Website for the book The Other Brain
- Link to a short NY Times video describing some of Dr. Field’s research mentioned in the book The Talent Code
- Brain Science podcast
- Line One: The Talent Code (15 Nov 2010)
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
GUEST: Douglas Fields, PhD, Chief of the Section on Nervous System Development and Plasticity at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, January 24, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, January 24, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
Audio will be posted after the broadcast.