Ceremonial start downtown Anchorage, Iditarod 2008. Photo by Kristin Spack.
The Iditarod is just around the corner. Mushers are making final preparations. Food is stored along the trail. The Iditarod air force is flying. This week on Hometown, Alaska join host Charles Wohlforth to talk the race, the competitors, and what to watch for in the days ahead. Who are you routing for? And why? And how to follow the action and keep up with the excitement even if you can’t see the racers out on the lonely trek? Join the conversation Wednesday afternoon at 2:00 pm on Hometown, Alaska.
- The Official Site of the Iditarod
- Seavey’s Iditarod Race Team
- Anchorage Daily News: Kyle Hopkins
- Iditarod Musher DeeDee Jonrowe
- Sheep Mountain Lodge
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist and Alaskan author
- Dallas Seavey, Iditarod competitor, winner of this year’s Yukon Quest
- Kyle Hopkins, ADN reporter on the race
- DeeDee Jonrowe, Iditarod competitor, veteran musher
- Zack Steer, veteran musher
LIVE: Wed, March 2, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, March 2, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcas