Nonprofit entities all over the country are beginning to feel the pressure of hard economic times as individual donors and corporate sponsors cut back. Americans have gone through hard times before, but it has often been the nonprofits that have been there most to assist people in need.
On the next Hometown, Alaska, host Teeka Ballas will discuss with her guests, Candace Winkler (pictured right) and Dennis McMillian, the state of nonprofits in Alaska. Are they affected as much as those in the Lower 48? What factors make them more or less vulnerable? How can nonprofit organizations survive in this economy? Listen and participate in the conversation, Wednesday 2:00 – 3:00pm on Hometown, Alaska.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Teeka Ballas, independent journalist
- Dennis McMillian, President/CEO , Foraker Group
- Candace Winkler, President/CEO, Alaska Community Foundation
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE: Wednesday, March 23, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wednesday, March, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast