With the rush of movie crews to Alaska, are we at risk of losing control of our own image? Do we have any idea what defines us as Alaskans? And what role does our own creativity have in helping Alaskans see themselves as part of a community? Two local artists will be ready to talk about these questions and answers to them from all over the state on the next Talk of Alaska.
Photos by Josh Edge, APRN – Anchorage: Marian Call (Left) and Bruce Farnsworth join Talk of Alaska host Steve Heimel in the APRN studios on April 12, 2011.
Download Audio (MP3)
- Steve Heimel, APRN
- Heather Lende, author of “Take Good Care of the Garden and the Dogs”
- Marian Call, singer-songwriter
- Bruce Farnsworth, Anchorage poet
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.