The Bering Sea groundfish trawl fleet began catching more and more salmon at the turn of the 21st century. Meanwhile, Yukon River salmon runs began to dwindle. On the next Talk of Alaska, we’ll hear what is being done to reduce salmon bycatch, and talk about whether it’s enough.
- Pacific Seafood Processors Association
- United Catcher Boats
- Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association
- Yukon River Drainage Association
- Steve Heimel, APRN
- Glenn Reed, Pacific Seafood Processors Association
- John Gruver, United Catcher Boats
- Karen Gillis, Executive Director, Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association
- Becca Robbins-Gisclair, Policy Director, Yukon River Drainage Association
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
Download Audio (MP3)