Wednesday, July 20 at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm
Thanks to a voter-approved bond and legislative funding, UAA is ready to build a new sports arena that will cost $109 million and provide an on-campus venue for major sporting events. Host Charles Wohlforth visits with UAA Athletic Director Steve Cobb and booster Steve Nerland to learn about the impacts and benefits of this major new facility.
- ADN: Map proposed arena location
- UAA: UA regents approve new $109 million sports arena at UAA
- State of Alaska: Total Project Snapshot Report, UAA – Community Sports Arena (PDF)
- Complete the Arena advocacy group
- Hastings+Chivetta – architecture partner for UAA arena (Correction 7/21: McCool Carlson Green is the “Architect” of record and Hastings+Chivetta is a partner.)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist and Alaskan author
- Steve Cobb, Athletic Director, UAA
- Steve Nerland, Leader of “Complete the Arena” advocacy group
LIVE: Wed, July 20, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, July 20, 2011 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast