The Alaska Department of Education and Early Childhood Development won’t release this years statewide Adequate Yearly Progress Report until this Friday. But partially to give some parents a chance to choose a different school if they like, Anchorage released its result Monday.
It showed Anchorage graduation rates were up, but fewer schools met the new Adequate Yearly Progress standards. KSKA’s Len Anderson reports on the district’s 2010-2011 “No Child Left Behind” results.
- Anchorage School District: A Word From Superintendent Comeau, AYP 2010-11 (8 Aug 2011)
- APRN: States Offered Waivers From No Child Left Behind Bill (8 Aug 2011)
- School by School reports: http://asdk12.org/NCLB/AYP/10_11/index.asp
- Parent’s guide if a school does not achieve AYP: http://asdk12.org/NCLB/AYP/10_11/guide.asp
- Alternate school choices: http://asdk12.org/NCLB/AYP/10_11/choice/index.asp