In an age of instant and constant communication, how can parents and other concerned adults keep children safe from online predators? How has sex trafficking in Alaska trapped young people in lives of prostitution, drug abuse and despair. We’ll hear from a vice unit detective and an expert in catching online predators, on the next Talk of Alaska.
- Miss Representation.org
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- A Cybercop’s Guide to Internet Child Safety by Glen Klinkhart
- Lori Townsend
- Sergeant Kathy Lacey, APD vice unit supervisor
- Glen Klinkhart, owner, DigitalSecurus, former APD vice and homicide detective
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.