Bill Popp thought he knew his family. Popp is president of the Anchorage Economic Development Corporation. And his family is a close-knit, longtime Alaska clan who talk and text and gather often at Bill’s house in east Anchorage. But last year, everything Bill thought he knew about his family changed. And all it took was one random Google search. A collaboration of the the Anchorage Daily News and APRN, hear the full 30-minute radio story of how the family came to be reunited on A Closer Look.
- VIDEO: Popp family meets sister Brandy for first time
- ADN: Web search reveals painful, 50-year secret for Anchorage family
- ADN: Popp family’s missing sister, daughter came closer to them than they realize
This episode of A Closer Look presents expanded interviews from previous news stories heard December 26 – 28, 2012 on KSKA.
- Part 1: Web Search Reveals Painful, 50-Year Secret For Anchorage Family
- Part 2: Anchorage Family’s 50-Year-Old Secret Revealed
- Part 3: Popp Family Meets Long-Lost Sibling
BROADCAST KSKA FM 91.1: Saturday, December 29, at 6:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST FM 91.1: Sunday, December 30, at 7:30 p.m.
SUBSCRIBE: Get A Closer Look updates automatically — via e-mail, RSS or podcasts