The response to the Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico involved an unprecedented amount of chemical dispersants. If such a spill were to occur in Alaska, the use of dispersants is pre-authorized in certain areas. Should it be?
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Vijay John, Consortium for the Molecular Engineering of Dispersant Systems, a program of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative
- John French, Marine Toxicologist, consultant for the Prince William Sound Regional Citizens Advisory Commission
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.