There is controversy regarding breast and prostate cancer screening. Is this true about colon cancer screening as well? On our next program we will discuss the symptoms, screening tests, and treatment of colon cancer with Anchorage gastroenterologist Dr. Saket Ambasht.
HOST: Thad Woodard, MD
- Dr. Saket Ambasht established his private practice in Anchorage July 7, 2008 after 21 years of military service. He is a board certified and completed his residency and fellowship at Wilford Hall Air Force Medical Center and Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. He earned his M.D. degree from the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS), Bethesda, Maryland, in 1995 and his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1981.
- Dr. Saket Ambasht, Anchorage gastroenterologist
- National Cancer Institute: colorectal cancer
- Cancer Center video on cancer types
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, October 6, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, October 6, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by:
Audio to be posted following broadcast.