The price of oil has gone down so far that it’s likely state revenues this fiscal year will be less than the forecast. And the forecast was already down more than $7 billion from the year before. The question the Governor and the Legislature are asking now is not whether there will be a deficit but just how big will it be and where will the money come from to fill it.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Scott Goldsmith, economist, University of Alaska Anchorage Institute for Social and Economic Research
- Cliff Groh, Chairman, Alaska Common Ground
- Callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.