A cocktail of plummeting oil prices and declining production on the North Slope means some tough challenges ahead for the state of Alaska. Hear economist Gunnar Knapp review the numbers — revenue, expenditures and more — at a talk jointly hosted by UAA’s Institute of Social and Economic Research and Alaska Common Ground.
- Gunnar Knapp, director, UAA’s Institute of Social and Economic Research (find Knapp’s powerpoint presentation here)
- Cliff Groh, chair, Alaska Common Ground (find Groh’s powerpoint slides here)
- Fall 2014 Revenue Sources Book, Alaska Department of Revenue
- Archive of Alaska Revenue Sources books
- Fiscal summaries from the Legislative Finance Division
- Oct. 4, 2014 – all day panel on Alaksa’s fiscal future hosted by Alaska Common Ground
BROADCAST ON KSKA: Tuesday, January 13, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Tuesday, January 13, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
RECORDED: Wednesday, January 7, at UAA’s Institute of Social and Economic Research
Addressing Alaskans features local lectures and forums recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please contact us with details.
Audio to be posted following broadcast.